Friday, May 14, 2010

Shattered Dreams

What can i say about today's match, we all saw everything that went down happening live. Yet again, the thought of a victory over Australia proved to be nothing more than a mirage, an image which the brain forcibly creates and deceives the eyes into seeing but in reality it just does not exist. I now realize that cricket has evolved into a science, its not just a game anymore and the Aussie team is made up of researchers, physicians, surgeons and engineers, all the time, every time ready, willing and able to revive their team back to a state of victory regardless of the situation.

We had rightly prepared ourselves for the onslaught of the Aussie pace attack but we were left perplexed when it came to White and Hussey. Damn you, never say die, positively optimistic, run scoring machine Hussey, I hate you. I hate you for not giving up, I hate you for believing in yourself, I hate you for your hard work and dedication, I hate you for performing under a million Newton tons of pressure and I hate you for making everything wrong that Pakistan did right. I hate you for making the green grease on Umar Akmal's lips look bad, I hate you for taking you optimism out on the poor cricket ball and hitting is so hard that it went out of the ground three times in the last over consecutively, I hate you for kangaroo punching us, I hate you for bullying us but I hate you most for not letting us through to the finals even though we were the most deserving, two match winning, absolutely fantastic example of a dedicated cricket team.

Who the frick do you think you are Hussey? You were supposed to let your hopes die after white got out. After watching your performance it felt like determination and dedication had an abnormal child and named him Michael Hussey. You sir are abnormal, because normal people throw in the towel when the going gets too tough and the pressure seizes the brain from functioning. I hope your abnormal ass career dies a conspiracy engulfed, terribly horrific, politically motivated death. 

We painstakingly managed to reach the semi's on the basis of charity left behind by the other teams, but sadly there wasn't any more left lying around to propel us into the finals.

I applaud Pakistan for finally showing some class and a fighting spirit, but i guess it was too little to late. Unfortunately for me, I find myself in a very sad situation where I have to bow my head to the greatness of the Kangaroos and hang my head in shame because that’s the only logical thing left to do.

P.S, after writing down my thoughts and re reading them i could not help but feel that something was missing and finally i realized what it was, i forgot to elaborate on Umar Akmal and his green lips. so here's something from me to Umar Akmal, i apologize to the old guy on American idol for messing with his self created every lasting melody which coincidentally is the best thing to come out of this season of American Idol: 

Grease on the lips, grease on the lips, YO lookin like a fool with the grease on your lips





No comments: